THINK YOU HAVE A DRY MOUTH? YOUR DOCTOR CAN HELP
Speak to your pharmacist, doctor or dentist about a dry mouth to identify ways to relieve the discomfort.
What are the signs and causes of a dry mouth?
When you speak to your doctor or dentist and explain what you’re experiencing, they’ll examine you and ask you questions like:
- Does your mouth feel dry when eating?
- Do you have to sip liquids when eating dry foods?
- Do you feel there isn’t enough saliva in your mouth?
Your doctor will perform a
To determine if you have a dry mouth, your doctor or dentist will likely conduct a routine exam. Here are some things they may do:
- Review your medications, both over-the-counter
and prescription medications.
- Inspect your lips, tongue, and mouth for
dryness and cracking.
- Review your medical history because
a dry mouth can be triggered by a variety
of different diseases or conditions.
- Check your teeth for decay. Without enough
saliva, harmful germs that cause cavities are
Use biotène as part of your daily
oral care routine
It’s easy to get the moisturising relief you need with biotène. Try rinsing with biotène Moisturising Mouthwash in the morning and at night for soothing dryness relief. Biotène mouthwash can be used up to 5 times per day and so can be used between morning and night if required - refer to directions back of pack.
Talk to your doctor to learn more about how to manage your dry mouth signs.